Published on March 20th, 2020 | by UnitsEastBay0
UNITS Moving and Portable Storage (UNITS) takes the health and safety of our associates and customers very seriously. Like many of our customers, UNITS is monitoring the information provided by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as well as the state and local government officials related to growing concerns of Coronavirus also known as COVID-19 affecting the entire world and our local communities and municipalities.
SAFETY ACTIONS TAKEN
UNITS is doing our part by enacting the following health and hygiene protocols:
- For our associates, we are enforcing frequent and thorough soap hand washing as well as using alcohol-based hand sanitizer whenever washing is unavailable. Here are the other precautions being taken with our associates:
- If an associate is not feeling well, they are required to stay home.
- Regular disinfecting of high-contact areas and products such as container doors, door latches, packaged locks, e-straps etc.
- Disinfecting the inside of each container upon receiving a container back and prior to delivering a container to a new customer.
- Signing documents electronically will be mandatory to avoid needing to interact with the driver upon delivery.
- Social distancing is being respected and emphasized with all local associates and customers. Our delivery drivers are using the instructions customers provided in advance (so please be very specific on delivery placement) when delivering your containers and as always customers do not have to be present at the time of delivery or pick-up service.
- Currently, we are not allowing access into our warehouse or office. However, if you need to access your container, we can place it in the parking lot.
- For our employee’s health and safety, we will no longer be accepting cash as a form of payment.
CUSTOMER SERVICE UPDATES
In light of all of the changes occurring in our lives due to the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19), UNITS Portable Storage wishes to inform our Bay Area communities that we are taking every precaution necessary to minimize the potential for exposure of the virus while we continue to service our customers and the community.
We understand that our customers and business partners mostly rely on our services due to emergency situations and may have difficulty in functioning without our services. So, we are taking this one day at a time. UNITS is working to diminish any services delays but realize that this may not be 100% possible given the local restrictions but rest assured that UNITS will continue to monitor the situation and adjust accordingly. If we need to reschedule a container delivery and/or pick-up, you will be informed and provided with updates as more information becomes available.
UNITS Moving and Portable Storage is a business that requires little to no human interaction at all which will help support any concern over the spread of COVID-19. UNITS is also working with many local hospitals and governments/organizations to support the movement and storage of critical medical supplies, products, and resources need in their efforts to help them support our local communities.
Please follow our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/UnitsEastBay/ to get the latest updates.
UNITS values your business and appreciates your patience with this unfortunate situation that is affecting everyone in one way or another.