Published on April 3rd, 2020 | by UnitsEastBay0
UNITS Portable Storage COVID-19 Q & A
Q. Is UNITS Portable Storage Still Open?
A. Yes, we are. We can operate without contact and we have made many adjustments to our operation to ensure safety and compliance for our employees and customers.
Q. Is UNITS Portable Storage An Essential Business?
A. Yes, we are currently on the list of essential business. Some of our customers and business partners (who are also essential businesses) rely on our services due to emergency situations and may have difficulty in functioning without our service.
Q. What Precautions are UNITS Portable Storage Taking to Have a Safe and Sanitized Operation and Adhere to CDC Guidelines?
A. For our associates, we are enforcing frequent and thorough soap hand washing as well as using alcohol-based hand sanitizer whenever washing is unavailable. Here are the other precautions being taken with our associates:
- If an associate is not feeling well, they are required to stay home.
- Regular disinfecting of high-contact areas and products such as container doors, door latches, packaged locks, e-straps etc.
- Disinfecting the inside of each container upon receiving a container back and prior to delivering a container to a new customer. A new pair of sterile disposable gloves are used with each container and/or delivery.
- Signing documents electronically will be mandatory to avoid needing to interact with the driver upon delivery.
- Social distancing is being respected and emphasized with all local associates and customers. Our delivery drivers are using the instructions customers provided in advance (so please be very specific on delivery placement) when delivering your containers and as always customers do not have to be present at the time of delivery or pick-up service.
- Currently, we are not allowing access to our warehouse or office. However, if you need to access your container, we can place it in the parking lot.
- We will no longer be accepting cash as a form of payment.
Q. Will UNITS Continue to Operate if Situations Change or Restrictions Tighten?
A. If need be, we have the capabilities and the tools necessary to operate remotely on a limited basis. However, we will continue to monitor the situation and adjust accordingly. If we need to reschedule a container delivery and/or pick-up, you will be informed and provided with updates as more information becomes available.
Q. Who Can I Talk to if I Have More Questions?
A. Do not hesitate to reach out to us. 925-454-8648 email@example.com